Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Flowers for no reason



I've never been a girl to turn down flowers. I appreciate the thought no matter the occasion. I enjoy flowers on my anniversary, birthday and for valentines day. I do not need fancy gifts, flowers will do. I appreciate flowers after an argument. I am a sucker for the make-up bouquet! But, I never appreciate them more than when they are for no reason at all.
Yesterday my doorbell rang and when I opened the door this beautiful bouquet of flowers was waiting on me. I tore open the card to find the words "Hope you are having a good day. I love you, Brett". There is simply no better reason to get flowers than for no reason.
Too often we, as women, are quick to share with our friends when our husbands have done something that got under our skin or hurt our feeling, as they all do. But, we are not as quick to brag on them when they do something wonderful, like send flowers.
So, while this blog is not lengthy or earth shattering it is merely a thank you to my husband who was thoughtful enough to send flowers for no reason.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I just don't even know what to say to this post...but I wanted you to know I read it. And I'm happy for you and all!