High school was a wonderful time in my life. I really do look back at those years with more good memories than bad. Still, I would not choose to relive those times even if I could. I do not miss them, nor would I change things, well, most things anyway. I do, however, miss Friday and Saturday night being date night. I miss the anticipation of spending time with your significant other, putting on your best outfit, waiting for that special someone to pull in the drive and having time for just the two of you. I miss going on dates.
God has truly blessed me with a wonderful husband. Brett and I are good about making time for each other. He is so good about coming home and dropping everything to just sit and talk. He takes time to listen about the things the kids or I had going on and then takes time to tell me about his day. I love that time. I love that he includes me in the parts of his day that I cannot be there for. He's good about calling or emailing while he is at work just to say hi or how are you. He's good about being home when he can. He is busy. I sometimes hate his job because of the time it demands, but I can always count on him to be here when he can. He loves to hunt and play golf, but does those very little because he chooses to spend time with us when he's not at work. Those are some of the things I love most about him. I love going to football games together. I love to stand out in the cold and cheer on our team with all of our friends around. I love going out to supper with our friends when we can all sit around and catch up or just hang out. But, I miss date night.
I love our family. I love the time we are all together. I love when the kids are running through the house and laughing. I love sitting down together to play a game. I love going out to eat together when we can just talk about school or what ever else has been going on. I love having movie night together. I love playing wii together. I love going on vacation together. I LOVE our family time. But, I miss date night.
So, am I selfish to want my husband all to my self for the evening? Am I a bad mother to want a night with just Brett and I? Am I a bad friend to want my husband all to my self instead of sharing him with the group? Am I a bad wife to want to be asked out on a date once in a while?
I MISS DATE NIGHT!

3 comments:
I love date night too. They are much fewer and far between but I think they are still important. And no, it definitely does not make you a bad mom to want a little bit of alone time!
So did you get a date night out of this blog entry?! and I hear ya sister - loud and clear - could use a night out in general too!
Not yet... still waiting! I know it will have to be AFTER deer season now. Oh, well. I guess that will just make it all the better when it happens. The flowers were a good hold over, I guess.
Post a Comment