Yesterday I celebrated the 34th birthday of my husband and best friend. It was the 14th time I have been able to be a part of his special day. 14! How does that happen, and where does time go? It was a pretty normal day, certainly not filled with the birthday celebration we might have once had (before kids); dinner at a nice restaurant, a sporting event, a good movie. Instead the day consisted of work, a cheeseburger, Dylan's honor choir concert (which I MUST blog about later), and shoveled down cake before bed. Hardly glamorous or romantic. Never-the-less, it was perfectly, perfect in all of its normalcy. Logan got to decorate his cake with blue sprinkles because of the always funny joke that, "Daddy loves the Cubs"(which drives Brett crazy every time - which is why Logan loves doing it). Family shoveled in cheeseburgers and cake along side us because they were in for Dylan's concert. Piggy-back rides and giggles while we tucked the kids in, an episode of "The Office", and at the end of the day we got to drift off to sleep catching up on each other's day.I hope it was a happy birthday, Brett, no matter how we celebrate. I hope you know just how wonderful I think you are, and how much I love you now, and always.

3 comments:
I think sometimes I would forget about grown up birthdays, but luckily the kids won't let me! So there will always be cake and excitement...even if it must be brief! I am sure Brett had a wonderful birthday surrounded by all of his favorite people.
P.S. I am SO glad you have come back to your blog!
Happy belated birthday, Brett! As long as he had his boys and his amazing wife, I'm sure he was happy for any type of celebration. Can't wait until you guys live so close and we can hang!
Post a Comment